About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Letter From Dad

Dear Justin,





Since this blog will end up in published form, I have decided to write you a letter that you can read a few years from now. You have only been home for four weeks but it feels like you never left our home since we hosted you last summer in 2007. I don't think that this feeling is strange; after all, God knew that we would be a family before He created any of us. You were always in my heart even when you were half a world away in Ukraine.

Someday, I hope that you understand just how much we endured to adopt you. Our enemy, the devil, used every physical, mental, emotional and spiritual weapon at his disposal to hurt us and get us to give up. I confess that there were times that I did want to give in but God gave me enough strength to stand through the trials. He blessed me with a godly wife, supportive family and a church of faithful friends.

Our hope and prayer is that we can love you enough to make up for the first nine years that you spent in the orphanage, that we can be the family that you wished for and that the miracle of your deliverance will lead you to saving faith in Jesus Christ.

I can't promise you a perfect life but I will promise that you won't be bored. The Greers are a loud bunch and we can be as different as peas and carrots but deep down we all love each other. America will be different than Ukraine but I hope you will grow to love your new home as much as I do. It's not the same America that I grew up in but it's still the best and most free country on Earth. Whatever you choose to do, put your whole heart into it and success will follow.

This letter is a mini time capsule from me to you. I don't know how old you will be when read this. Today is January 1, 2009. It's a new year filled with new hopes and dreams. May all that is good, free and beautiful come true in your life!

I love you, son. Dad

No comments:

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.