About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

God is Good!

Well today was a miracle. Truly, we had to try and update our fingerprints for the USCIS today. The fingerprints don't expire until January but they have to still be good for six more months when we file our dossier or the Ukraine will reject the dossier. Our agency told us to try and take care of this but she didn't think we would be able to yet. We may file at the end of July and we need to be prepared. Kevin got to the USCIS before I did and they told him we could not go in without an appointment with a referral. When I got there I gave them our old referral, I had two. One of them was a mistake with my maiden name on it and it was replaced later. It had not been stamped yet. I did not remember this. The officer at the door went ahead and let us in to proceed. When we got to the point of the fingerprinting they told us they could not do it because our fingerprints were still good. I explained that Ukraine has the stipulation that all dates must be good for at least six months before the expiration date. The fingerprinter got the immigration officer who made a phone call and finally pulled it off. We are relieved to have this accomplished. After waiting this long to file with Ukraine I don't want to be rejected now!

I think this is just one more way God lets us know He is paving the way and making our paths straight. Time and time again He proves He is in control. I am so glad because it give me confidence that all things can be accomplished through Him according to His will.

John 15:7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm encouraged for you guys!

God is so faithful!

Hope all is well, I miss seeing you Pam!

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.