About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Waiting Impatiently!

"I wait for you impatiently. I want to be taken by you as soon as possible." This was the latest word from our children. Friends of ours, who are also adopting, paid a visit to the orphanage. With the help of an interpreter, the kids wrote us a letter. We are waiting impatiently also! Oh how my heart longs to take them as soon as possible.

We spoke to the kids on the telephone last week and they said they would be off to summer camp for a few weeks and we won't be able to call them. I am happy they will have other things to keep them occupied, other than waiting for us. Other families have come for kids and I know they want to know where we are. We are being told we may get to travel sometime at the end of this year...

In the meantime, our summer has officially begun. School is over for us. Garrett and Morgan finished up last week. I figure the best way to make the time go faster would be to live in today and not worry about tomorrow! Wow, what a concept. We enjoyed ourselves at the water park last Friday. We look forward to beach days and Water Pollo tournaments. Garrett leaves for camp in two weeks! He can hardly wait. Morgan is sad she isn't old enough yet. She and I will have a great time doing other things while Garrett is gone. Kevin gets to go to camp too! He will be there to help set-up and serve.

Philippians 4:6,7,8 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.

1 comment:

Irina said...

Hello! I want to meet you :). I live in Ukraine, in Sevastopol. Do your future children live in what town?
I respect people which accept children from my country. I know, orphans have a bad prospect here. I know, you will compliment with them happy life.

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.