About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Conversations with Morgan

"Mommy, I hope we can adopt D." Morgan had big tears in her eyes. "I do too", I said. "We have to keep praying God will do a miracle." "I have been, Mommy." "I have been praying my whole life for a little sister." "I know honey." "Maybe God will give you a different little sister if D. isn't the one." "But she was my little buddy."

Adoption is hard. I can't describe it any other way. It was hard before we had kids and began adopting and it is even harder now having older kids who have to be involved in the process with us. I can only hope Garrett and Morgan will see how much we love them through all of this. I hope they can see what a gift they are to us. I used to tell them when they were babies, "You are my little present from Jesus." I realize what a privilege God gave me, by allowing me to raise these babies. With all my imperfections, He blessed me with them. If He chooses to bless us with more, I am all the more honored!

God is good all the time! I know this.

Romans 5:1-5 Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character, and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Pam

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Kevin and Pam:
My heart breaks for you as we can relate better than we would like to. You are right. God is good all the time. I grieve with you and will keep praying!
Love,
Lynette

Lynette said...

Kevin and Pam:
My heart breaks for you as we can relate better than we would like to. You are right. God is good all the time. I grieve with you and will keep praying!
Love,
Lynette

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.