About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Softened Blow

After taking several days to sort through my emotions and seek the counsel of our church elders and friends, I have come to see the news that we may not be able to adopt "D" as a comfort from God. I keep reminding myself that if God had not prompted us to inquire about the kids' adoption status, siblings and health issues, we would have found out when we got to our SDA appointment. Considering how the world crashed around us last week, I can't imagine learning such news without having the immediate support of our friends and our church. While the news that she is probably not going to be our daughter is devastating, God has softened the blow and allowed us to grieve and for loved ones to gather around us before we leave for Ukraine.

I have considered "D" to be my daughter for over a year and as a father, I have not given up. I hope to ask for special consideration that we can still adopt her when we get to our SDA appointment. If the answer is no, I will accept it as God's will. If the answer is yes, then I will witness a miracle. Either way, I will rejoice in God's love and mercy.

"As an example, brethren, of suffering and patience, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord's dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful." James 5:10,11

Kevin

3 comments:

junglemama said...

This si hard. We too lost the first set of girls we were supposed to adopt. ((hugs))

Lynette said...

Praise God for the fellowship we share because of Him. I know that your love and prayers have helped me in our summer dealings:) Thank you for your friendship.

newsong said...

Pam, it was great to see you today!
You and Kevin and the kids have been on my heart and in many of my prayers. It was so great that God orchestrated our meeting today!
I will continue to pray for you and the children
Love,
Debbie McD.

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.