About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Perfect and Complete, Lacking Nothing!

Well, this was a challenging weekend to say the least. Garrett, Morgan and I went down to stay with my sister's two boys, while she had surgery. I left the kids with her when I first got there, to go buy some groceries. On my way to the store, I got into a car accident. I am so grateful that nobody was hurt. I am also grateful, nobody was in the passenger seat where I got hit! My car doesn't look very good. I am hoping it can be fixed at all. I also hope it will be done before we leave for Ukraine. My faith is being strengthened by the trials that come. GOD IS SO GOOD!

We have been waiting patiently to hear back from Ukraine with a date. I thought for sure we would have heard by now. In the meantime, we have been taking advantage of the time getting our home ready. "D" is still on my mind and I am really hoping to experience a miracle. If God wills her to be in our family, not even the Ukraine government can keep her there!

Thanks to those who have commented about adopting as an individual. I know we could do that but the problem is more complex than that. As badly as I want "D" I still don't see this as the way to go for various reasons.

We are still praying about what to do with Garrett and Morgan when we go to Ukraine. I have been surprised to see people I hardly know willing to step forward and help us out. I know God will provide.

James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Pam

1 comment:

Alan said...

K&P, so glad to hear no one was hurt. We can take nothing for granted. Blessings to you.

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.