About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Adoption Roller Coaster Ride, An "E" ticket!

I wish I had good things to say today but I really don't. I must admit, I am really struggling with trying not to go out of my mind right now. The waiting on this whole adoption process really takes a toll on the rest of your life. I have very little tolerance left in me to deal with the pressures of day to day life! The emotional roller coaster ride just keeps going.

Our agency said they have been checking daily to see if our date has been posted. She also mentioned we have to get permission from "V" to see if he wants a non-biological sister! I am not the kind of a parent who thinks a child should make adult decisions. She said this was a law? I don't believe he will object (our other two kids will not be biological) but I am having a hard time with all the crazy laws! At least if we had a date, we would know how to plan. I like things cut and dry, planned out and business taken care of! I know this is probably just preparation for how unsure everything will be when we get to Ukraine. I guess it is that whole character, patience thing again...

For those of you who are praying for our family, please pray God will help me learn to be content even when things aren't going my way. Kevin and I will both need prayer not to go crazy with all the bureaucracy. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

Pam

5 comments:

Stephanee&Zach said...

Wow I hear you!! It is so hard to be patient right now! Praying that God brings you comfort in this time. I hope we both hear very soon and are in Kiev at the same time :)

Connie said...

Way back during our 'infertility days' I read a quote that I became very fond of--little did I know then that it would also serve me well during our adoption process almost 12 years later. Here it is--hopefully for your edification!

"Next to suffering, waiting may be God's greatest tool in training for Godliness"

From the sounds of your post, we are 'kindred spirits' in that we like things to progress in an orderly fashion--even business-like! So, if you're anything like me you'll find the Ukraine very 'sanctifying'--Russia was for me! :-)

Chris Haven said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. I will continue to follow your journey to Ukraine. Adoption is not for the faint hearted, with the disappointments and relying on other foreign governments. What helps me is to remember we can do all we can do but God has already chosen our children for us and we have to trust him. He is sovereign.

I am Mom said...

Pam- it was good to visit with you today. I will be praying for your family and for miracles!

Lynette said...

Hang in there! It is wonderful to see you seeking the Lord and desiring godliness through this adoption. He is faithful! I will keep praying!

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.