About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rejected!

Pam called me at work today to tell me that our dossier along with our two friends were rejected by SDA. One document, the promise to send post-adoption follow-up reports, was incorrect. A small, stupid technicality.

I'm sorry to report that I handled it badly. Mr. Type AAA personality snapped. All that work and waiting for a REJECTION?? In between fits, I managed to ask our facilitator what we needed to do to fix the mistake. She e-mailed us the corrected forms, all three families met at the notary and we got the new forms FedExed to the apostille and faxed to our facilitator.

We pray that if the paperwork is turned around quickly that we won't lose our place in line. I am also praying that God will give me the grace to hold my temper and not act like a fool the next time, and there will be a next time, that I am placed in a stressful situation.

1 Peter 2:12-14a "Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, the may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation. Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution whether to a king as the one in authority or to governors as sent by him..."

2 comments:

Lynette said...

How frustrating! Yet it is so good to see you looking to grow in your walk in spite of the craziness. I will continue to pray:)

Alan said...

It would be funny if it wasn't so frustrating. What I mean is, for us, our dossier prep (1st 2nd & 3rd dossiers) has been a comedy of errors. When all is said and done, you will probably look back at this and laugh. It's a cliche but true! Blessings to you.

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.