About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Twists and Turns at Every Corner!

Romans 4:17-20 (as it is written, "A father of many nations have I made you") in the presence of Him whom he believed, even God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist. In hope against hope he believed, so that he might become a father of many nations according to that which had been spoken, "So shall, your descendants be." Without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead since he was about a hundred years old, and the deadness of Sarah's womb; yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

My friend Stephanie sent me this verse in due time! This verse has given me strength. I believe in the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist! He can do all things. What God promises, He is able to perform! This does not say He promises I can have what I want but does say He can do what He wants. He gives me hope when there is no hope.

It has been a few days of what I believe spiritual warfare. I have had to decide if I am willing to trust or be frazzled. I have to admit, I have been both. A couple of nights ago we got a call at 11:00pm that an Italian couple was going to look at "V". This means that if he chooses, he can go with them and they can adopt him. There is a preselection law in Ukraine. There is no guarantee the children you want will still be availiable. We have always known this. The couple were suppose to meet him sometime this week. We do not know what has happened yet. We hadn't spoken with "V" or "D" in three months. The kids have been away at camp. We have been waiting to find out how to handle the situation with "D" so we hadn't called them yet. Our translator told us we should call "V" first thing and say hi. Kevin and I talked about it, we would tell him we loved him but not talk about him coming back with us. Things are very volatile in Ukraine right now and I am afraid for all the kids over there. If he has a chance with a family maybe this is how God will do it. We had to let go. We did make the call, it was good to hear his voice. He had not received the letters we sent or the package. He was somewhat distant, thinking we may have forgotten him. He came alive when Kevin spoke to him.

Yesterday, we were waiting for the news for a travel date. Instead we got the news our dossier was rejected! We fixed the problem and sent it back as quickly as we could. We do not know what this will do to our status at the SDA. We are being told that if it is back at the SDA within the week we won't lose our place in line.

As you can see we have gone from 2 kids to 3 kids to 1 kid to possibly 0 kids. You can't help but ask yourself God what are you doing? We may never know. One thing I do believe is that He has brought us this far and even though I don't get it, He does have a plan. I do have peace, a peace I can't explain. I know God is in control and this is a spiritual battle that belongs to Him. I have that song "A Mighty Fortress" running through my head!

This is a time we could really use your prayers. Pray God will firstly do what is best for "V" and "D", pray our faith will continue to strengthen through this, pray God's will, will be done. Thank you in advance for praying. Pam

No comments:

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.