About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Travel Date!

We leave for Ukraine on Monday, October 27th for our SDA appointment on the 30th!! It feels like a weight has been removed from our shoulders and now we can prepare in earnest. I prayed in our last post, "Please, dear God, set the date" and He has answered us. After fifteen months of pruning, He is ready to let us go.

Pam and I talked about this last night and she said, "can you imagine if we had been allowed to go three months into the process? What a mess that would have been with our impatience and inflexibility!" We are not the same people that we were when we hosted the kids last July. Our joy was in our little family, our home and what the world had to offer. God has used this time to change us.

I am confident that He isn't done shaping us and that we are racheting up for the next curves and loops on the roller coaster. I just pray that I can let go, put my arms in the air and shout for joy when it starts!

Psalm 57:7-11 "My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises! Awake, my glory! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to You among the nations. For your lovingkindness is great to the heavens and Your truth to the clouds. Be exalted above the heavens, O God; Let Your glory be above all the earth."

16 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

God's timing is perfect! Congratulations on this next phase of your journey! God Bless!

Alan said...

So happy for you, that is awesome! Blessings to you.

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

How wonderful!! Best of Luck!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God!
What a blessing to finally know a date and be able to get ready to go. You get to leave in less than 3weeks!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! You finally get to go! We look forward to meeting them!

Lynette said...

I am so excited. I have been watching your blog and anxiously awaiting this fabulous news. I am thrilled for you all and will be praying that the Lord continues to do what only He can do-work all things together for good for those who love Him. It is so awesome that God is so faithful in wasting nothing and using all to grow us up in Him.

Laurel said...

Hi Pam! I will be following your journey. I saw your post on FRUA. We had our SDA appt. last year on Oct. 30! Here's our blog if you want to read about our experience. (It was a good one!) http://boylanadoption.spaces.live.com
I know Murrieta well. I used to travel down that way with my prior job. We had facilities in Redlands and Encinitas and I'd travel back and forth between the two. Plus, my best friend's folks live in Perris. We live in Clovis (Fresno County). We will pray for your journey to be successful.
Laurel

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Congrats - this is super exciting!! God's timing is always just right.

Jennifer

Tami said...

YEA!!!! Congratulations! God's timing is perfect. Can't wait to follow the journey.

Elizabeth Rose said...

This is sooooo exciting. I have been praying that this would come soon for you all. I am so happy for your kids...finally get to come home to their family. We will be praying for you. What an awesome journey. You have been blessed to learn many virtues of the fruit of the spirit during your waiting time...long suffering, patience, peace, faithfulness and self control. God is good!

Stephanee&Zach said...

Oh my goodness I am so excited!!! I knew your turn was coming soon. We very possibly will be in Kiev when you are there. If so and you have time maybe we can go to dinner or something. How fun would it be to meet up in Ukraine :) You are going to love it here! You probably have it all figured out but let me know if you have any travel or packing questions - I made a long, detailed packing list! BTW, new bills are definitely not necessary - just ones in good condition (no marks or tears or bad folds)...

I am Mom said...

Rejoicing with you! We will be praying for your weeks ahead and look forward to how God will keep working.....

junglemama said...

Wow! It is right around the corner!

Ashley said...

Wow! This is so exciting!!! I know exactly what you mean about changing so much throughout the process. If we were able to travel as soon as we decided to adopt, I would not be as prepared and equipped to do the job. But, God has been pruning and changing me throughout all this time. I have drawn so much closer to Him through it all. I wish I could go get Grisha now, but I know there is a reason that it is taking so long.
Congratulations!

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Congratulations on receiving your appointment date! I know you've been waiting a long time. And it's a perfect time. I know of families who were there at that time last year and they were home for Christmas. We weren't so lucky. Our appointment was on December 12th of last year and we were there during Christmas. There are two full weeks that NOTHING can be done in December and January. I really wondered why they made our appointment so late since it cause us to be there five full weeks before court.

Have I told you about bungie cords? I try to tell everyone I can. They came in really handy for us as a 'Ukrainian dryer'. I know someone who was glad I told them about taking bungie cords. They have pictures;)

Looking forward to reading about your trip!

June

Debora Hoffmann said...

Kevin and Pam, congratulations! God's timing is certainly perfect. I know that He is refining us during the wait...we all have so much to learn. Thank you for sharing what He is doing in your lives.

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.