About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Little Wonders

I have been frustrated by our choice of music on our blog. That might sound trivial but I am the kind of guy who remembers special moments and times by the music of that period. I really like Third Day and other Christian rock bands and Steven Curtis Chapman's "When Love Takes You In" and "Cinderella" can make me cry but they are on everyone else's blogs. I wanted a song that was ours that expressed my feelings about life and family. We chose Rob Thomas' "Little Wonders" from "Meet the Robinsons", which is one of our family's favorite movies. I hope that you will pay attention to the lyrics, especially when he sings:
"Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders
These twists and turns of fate
Time falls away
But these small hours
These small hours still remain

Let it slide
Let your troubles fall behind you
Let it shine
Until you feel it all around you
And I don't mind
If it's me you need to turn to
We'll get by,
It's the heart that really matters in the end"

Our lives here on Earth are small hours in our Lord's hands and these orphans are some of His little wonders.

Psalm 127:3-5. "Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed

Kevin

4 comments:

The D'Antuono Family said...

I love the song that you choose. Feel free to check our blog out! I have a 2 different songs (the second and third) that you might also like. We are traveling in Sept. Our appt. is one the 23rd!

Best of luck!
Kristina
www.babysistersjourney.blogspot.com

The D'Antuono Family said...

actually it is the first and second songs that you might enjoy!! ;0)

... said...

Hi! Found your blog through another. We are also adopting from Ukraine...I have added your blog to my list (hope you don't mind) so we can follow along. Ours is below if you would like to visit.

Lisa
http://payne-familyadventures.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love the song, Kevin. Very special!

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.