About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone

I have been home for five days and I'm finally shaking the jet lag. I just can't shake being lonely without Pam. I miss Justin too and I am happy to be with Garrett and Morgan, but now I know why Bill Withers sang the song, "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone":
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
It's not warm when she's away
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And she's always gone too long anytime she goes away

I just wanted you to know, Pam, that I love you and miss you desperately and that I am praying for the day that I will hold you in my arms again. I am so proud of you for staying to wait with Justin and bring him home. I know that you are anxious to get home but your love and faith will sustain you until we are all together as a family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin, that was so sweet! I am crying as I read it. What a Godly an you are by showing your love for your wife.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Pam -
Just catching up on your blog. Hope you had a good birthday! I can relate to your time alone in Ukraine without your hubby and am praying for you. Also, we made a visit to the fort too while in Bilgorod. It is amazing, isn't it?! It's so hard to imagine such history! Thanks, too, for the great pics of all the kids from Justin's orphanage. It will be nice to have these photos to show Anastasia, especially the photos with Stella and Olena in them. Also, I'm somewhat familiar with the Vandenburgs. We were in contact with them while we were in Bilgorod and met the three sisters they hope to adopt. Do they have a blog we could follow too? You said they'll be in Ukraine soon. Is it to adopt those three sisters?
Our prayers are with you,
Wendi Z.

Anonymous said...

Pam -
I tried to leave a comment earlier, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be appearing. I'll try again.

First, I hope you had a great birthday. I know how tough it can be to be away from your family on your birthday. I also know how tough it can be to be in Ukraine without your hubby. We're praying for you!

Thanks for the pics of so many of the kids from the orphanage, especially Stella and Olena. Anastasia will be happy to see them. Please give the kids (especially Stella) our love and hellos.

Glad to see you made it to the fort. We went there while in Bilgorod too. It's so amazing. That kind of history is so hard to comprehend.

You mentioned the Vandenburgs. We're somewhat familiar with them, as we talked with them while in Bilgorod. I know there were hoping to adopt three sisters who you pictured on your blog. You said you expect them in Ukraine soon. Is it to adopt these three girls? I hope so! Those girls seemed so sweet. Do you know if they have a blog so we can keep up with their story too?

Our prayers are with you,
Wendi Z.

Kevin and Pam said...

Thanks Honey, what a nice post. There is no sunshine here without you and the other kids either!

Connie said...

You know, I'm thinking you two will weather the ups and downs of parenting/raising a foreign-born older child just fine.

Two of the 'must haves' for this journey are, 1) rock solid faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ, 2) rock solid commitment and trust in your spouse.

I'd say it sounds like you two have those pretty well established!

Thanks for sharing your tender thoughts of each other with the rest of us--it is a testimony to God's grace and blessings!

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.