About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Building Trust











Justin is a ham who loves pictures of himself. Actually, all the kids in the orphanage love cameras and pictures. They are always wanting to see the image on the camera as soon as you take a picture. The soup picture was last week when Kevin and I got to take Justin out and buy him some clothes and a suit for the show. He is such a good eater. He ate every drop of his soup and even poured the last drop into his spoon. The other picture he is wearing Papa's new hat and playing cards. It is kind of hard to think of things to do when we visit him in the orphanage.




Yesterday I got to the orphanage about 3:00pm and found Justin crying again. I asked why he was crying (his teacher was standing there too) and he said they were going to make him go to a concert and he was waiting for me to come and visit. I am glad I got there in time. They didn't end up making him go. He is so afraid I am not going to come or forget him. As far as I can tell there are no attachment disorders here! It is hard for such a little guy to understand this whole process. None of us will be able to take the kids out of the orphanage any more because of some things going on here which I can't talk about on internet. Please keep us in your prayers there is still so much going on.




Later in my visit Justin said "Luda" and held his fingers to ears to make a call. He was trying to tell me something and wanted me to know what it was. Luda is my translator, I called her and she spoke to Justin. He told her he wanted me at the orphanage by 10:00am Saturday morning, he did not have school and wants me to take him some where. So sad, we had to explain about not getting to leave anymore. He was disappointed but understanding. He is so smart and funny. I love his personality. I will go and visit today and 10:00am and I promised him a suprise.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Justin sounds like a real sweetheart, and your pictures are great! I have been following along on your journey. Hang in there without Kevin, I know that is hard. We may have to do the same type of thing depending how long everything takes. Praying it all goes quickly from here on out. Can you email me, I would like to ask you a couple questions kariv90@comcast.net
Kari

adopting2fromUkraine said...

He is a cutie! But he needs some fattening up. lol You'll probably be amazed at how much he'll eat the first two weeks you take him out of the orphanage. Karina ate more than I ever thought she could. We didn't measure her from the time we took her out of the orphanage until the Medical in Kiev, but when we went to our regular doctor she had grown 3 inches in the two months she'd been home!! Now after 7 months (today:) she's actually looking more like a 12 year old.

Hope the situation at the orphanage gets better.

June

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.