About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Moving Along

Things continue to move according to schedule on our adoption journey. Our papers are all in order and getting filed with the court today. We should have our court date sometime next week, which will officially make "V" our son. "D" is lost to us and there are no other single girls available, so we will grieve the loss but rejoice the addition of our son.

Last night, "V" showed us around to his group area and we saw where he sleeps and plays and studies. He is a very tidy boy and it was funny to see him shake his head at a bed that wasn't made and then proceed to make it. Garrett and he will definitely be the odd couple rooming together, since Garrett isn't exactly known for an organized room.

Our suspicion that the orphanage told "D" that she was not coming with us was confirmed when we saw her while touring with "V". Pam called her name and opened her arms but "D" did a 180 and went the other way. "V" looked up at me and said, "D, no?" I told him no and then he asked, "V, yes??" I smiled and told him yes and he gave me a big hug of relief. After nine years in the orphanage, I am sure that he has seen many friends come and go and his biggest fear is that he would be left there.

Once we get past the court decree, I will be returning home. Pam has chosen to stay rather than endure the grueling ten hour train ride back to Kiev and twenty-four hour flight home three times in three weeks.

This trip has been the experience of a lifetime. So much beauty surrounded by so much poverty. A good people trying to rise out of the wreckage of communism. Sweet kids looking into my eyes hoping that I could be the one who rescues them from the orphanage. My heart has been broken for this people and their country over and over. Whenever I look into my son's eyes, I will say a silent prayer for Ukraine and I hope he will too.

I miss the USA. I miss my kids and my home. I miss our family and friends and the fellowship of our church. I long for the happy day when Pam and "V" land in California and we are all together again. Until then, give each other a hug from Pam and me.

"For it is only right for me to feel this way about you all, because I have you in my heart...For God is my witness, how I long for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:7a,8

4 comments:

Lucky-Lover said...

I am so happy for V I know he is the happiest little boy in the world to be joining such a wonderful family. I cry for D, I know how she has waited for this moment and now to know that her little heart is breaking,breaks my heart. I still pray for a miracle that she will join your family, if not on this jouney maybe some day in the future. But if she isn't meant to be with you, then I know there is another amazing family that will find her and love her.

adoptedthree said...

I am so sorry to hear D will not be adopted.

V is a lucky little boy.

Connie said...

Thanks for the small glimpse into the mind of a young orphan--"D, no?", "V, yes?" Oh, how that must have pierced your heart.

You all are in my prayers, esp. Pam as she stays behind. But what a blessing that will be to "V" as he gets to know his mom!

Kristen said...

Hey there,

Wow, what a journey. And such bittersweet news about the two children. I grieve with you that D will not be able to come with you, but I am so happy that God has allowed V to be a part of your family.

I read Revelation 21 this morning, and I hope these verses encourage you...

"Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore..."

Love you guys!
Kristen

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.