About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Leaving Belgorod

Firstly, I thank my Heavenly Father who never left me and is teaching me not to worry. From the Vital Statistics Office not cooperating to not having power all day yesterday, Justin and I still had a fabulous day.

Kevin was fully correct in all he reported on the last post. I have an amazing facilitator who "Gets the Job Done!" I could not believe he went to a building next door, got a long power cord and drug it up to the statics office so proudly and said "Now you have power" or what ever he said in Russian to them. I just sat in amazement, shaking my head to myself. Yesterday at the passport office same kind of thing. The place was packed, we could have been there for hours, we walked in and had Justin's picture taken and out we went. If anyone needs a good facilitator let me know, he is your guy. When Serge walks in people listen!

As I said, we were without any kind of power from 11:00am until 11:00pm last night. We spent our day after our passport appointment walking around the town. We went back and forth to the market at least four times each time remembering something else I didn't have. Justin said "Mama, magazine, magazine, magazine (I don't know if this is how you spell it, Russian for market. This is how it sounds to me!) We had McDonalds for lunch! I never thought I would see the day that a McDonalds hamburger would taste great! We took a long nap. Justin just loves cradling his little head into my armpit with his arm wrapped around me. That is how we slept the entire first night. I don't think he slept that great because I know I didn't. He kept waking up and making sure I was still there. Sooooo cute! Last night with no power we went to bed at 7:00pm and both slept soundly. He wanted to hold my hand all night after snuggling. This is really good for us to be alone. We are bonding well. It is like he has always been mine already. God so made him to be my child!

Odessa is beautiful. The streets have beautiful lights decorated like Christmas (I think they are always there), amazing architecture, great places to eat. My bed is comfortable, my room is clean and Americans own my hotel! How much more can I want?

As I type, Justing is playing with his Mega Block guy I bought him last night. The poor kid has been so patient with no toys. I also bought him a coloring book and crayons. He colored next to a candle in the dark last night. He is so content to just be with me. He is very happy and so am I. I still miss my other two babies so much though. Maybe next week we will be able to come home. I told Garrett I will make Thanksgiving for him again when I get back. He said he was going to miss my cooking. He gets to go to Grandma and Papa's house for dinner and he is looking forward to that too. I really enjoy making Thanksgiving dinner. I can tell they both miss me and I miss them. Morgan was so sweet on the phone yesterday. She told Justin she is his big sister and that she loves him very much. Justin told her "I love you".

No comments:

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.