About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Monday, November 24, 2008

The New Plan

We got a call on Sunday night that said we weren't going to Odessa to get the birth certificates on Monday as planned. We were told our facilator would be here on Tuesday morning to get the court decree. So the new word is we go tomorrow morning and pray the court decree is correct. If the court decree is completely correct then we can travel to Odessa to get the birth certificate. After that we have to come back to Belgorod and pick-up Justin on Wednesday. We then will go back to Odessa to work on the Ukraine passport and social security #'s. All of this is BIG ifs. Again, I hold the plans loosely and pray God will bring Justin and me home in the near future. I am growing very weary! Please pray that everything is correct on the decree and we can get through the rest of the paperwork without any glitches!

My wonderful husband has given me permission to treat Justin and myself to a comfortable hotel when we get to Odessa. The hotel is run by Americans. I even called and made my own reservation! I am really looking forward to just being alone with Justin. I believe this will be great bonding time between us. He is growing weary also. He was really looking forward to coming with me on Monday, then Tuesday and now Wednesday! I do think the director told him that it could take until Wednesday so I don't really think he thinks it is me. Still he is just a little guy and wants his mommy. Tonight he curled up in my arms and snuggled for a good hour. He didn't want to play or even talk. He also had very dark circles under his eyes from either lack of sleep or crying maybe both!

I will definately be advocating for the kids I leave behind after I return to the States. I am glad some of you are thinking about these children. Prayer for them is good too!

8 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Do not grow weary in doing good, for we will reap a harvest if we do not give up! Galations 6:9
You are on the HOME stretch! Just think, he will spend his first American Christmas with you in one month! Praying for your peace and strength! God Bless!

Sheryl said...

I pray that all will go well, the court decree to be done and done correctly and that you will be able to have Justin in your custody finally. God bless and remember you can do all things through Christ who gives you the strength.

KonaDogBlog said...

Oh Pam, be strong. You have such a wonderful attitude. It is really hard to get into that mindset of just letting things happen. Our cultures are so different and I know how hard it is and how frustrating it gets. You say you are weary, but you sound very good! I will be praying for you and Justin. I hope you got more pictures :)

HUGS!!!!!!
Jen and Mike

Anonymous said...

Pam -
Will you be staying at Odessa Executive Suites when you get to Odessa? If so, it's a wonderful place! They speak English, the rooms are nice, roomy, and clean. One of the apartments we stayed in was located right around the corner from a grocery store, a McDonalds, and several other restaurants with English menus. There was also a nice park about 2 or 3 blocks down the street. In addition to regular playground equipment, there were also trampolines, pony rides, and an outdoor market at that park on weekends. The folks at Odessa Executive Suites were very friendly and helpful. They provided us with a handy map and pointed out attractions that might be of interest. They even took care of calling cabs for us when we needed them. The staff there was a huge asset for us.

When you do get to Odessa, you might want to ask if the circus is in town. Also, ask about the dolphin show. I don't know if they'll have it during the winter, but if so, it's a worthwhile show.

We'll keep praying for you.
Wendi Z.

Anonymous said...

Pam -
I meant to tell you that www.odessaexecutivesuites.com is the website for the place I mentioned in my other comment, just in case it's not the place you're already planning to stay and would like to change. Their contact info, etc. is listed on their website. They also have TVs, DVD players, and computers with Internet access in their apartments. The apartments also have kitchens with all the dishes, utensils, pots/pans, etc., that you need. I guess I'm going on and on about this place because it felt like a 5 star hotel after some of the other places we stayed. : )

Kevin and Pam said...

An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain...She extends her hand to the poor, and she stretches our her hands to the needy...Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future...Her children rise up and bless her; Her husband also, and he praises her, saying: "Many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all." Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31

You are not alone!! The Lord is with you, I am with you, the kids are with you, the church is with you and our friends and family are with you. "Those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength". Wait for the Lord!

We love you!
Kevin, Garrett & Morgan

junglemama said...

Oh, never mind. I read your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I so understand! We continue to pray for you and this long journey!
If you are going to be staying at OES we know of other families that are there adopting now. They were a great support to us and our children. I would be happy to put you in contact with them. We needed plenty of alone time but it was great to meet for a few minutes of prayer or a meal to recharge for all of us. They are also doing an American Thanksgiving. Just let me know. God is in the midst of things and I only now can see some of what he was doing during our long stay in Ukraine.
Cindie

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.