About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Best Day Ever for an Orphan!


The kids got home from their Winterfest at about 8:00pm last night and they were all excited because they took 1st Place in the festival. Our little Justin is a star!
We went over to the orphange right after they got back to tell Justin that he is offically now our new son forever! What a great day for him. I don't think it could get much better for a boy in an orphange who has never had a family. He leaped into my arms when I came walking into his room. His "teacher or caregiver" wasn't all that excited to see us that late and got mad at Justin for running over to me. He said something in Russian to her like "Americanskys" and she just shook her head and walked away.
I can't wait to get him out of there. The orphanage is nice for orphanage standards but certainly doesn't meet the mark for a real family. Please pray the caregivers and other kids don't give him a hard time now that they know he is leaving. Some of othe kids could get jealous and not be so kind. I am glad I am staying so I can observe what is happening. You just wouldn't believe how excited Justin is about coming to America with his "family". I had to ask Kevin this morning, how many kids do we have? He said three, two boys and one girl. It sounded like music to my ears. Like Kevin has said before, yesterday the court said what God knew from the beginning, Justin is now offically a Greer!
Early this morning Kevin had to leave by taxi to go to Odessa (an hour to two hour ride depending on the driver. I hope it is two hours!). He then will fly to Kiev, sign necessary paperwork at the Embassy and then fly home. Please pray for his safety. I was soooo sad to see him go. It is hard for me to imagine being here without the rest of my family. I am glad I have Justin nearby soon in my custody. Please also pray that we can get through the final stretch of paperwork without any glitches.
Thanks for your prayers and support. It means so much. By the way, I have been trying to post more pictures and of course my computer is not co-operating very well. Also, if you see spelling errors, sorry my spell checker doesn't work here!
Edit to this post: My friend Melissa commented that this song "Mighty to Save" makes her cry when she hears it. I just want everyone to know this song really says my heart. I heard it when I followed a friends blog to China. I didn't really want to copy at first, but thought nothing else says it like this song does. EVERYONE NEEDS COMPASSION, THE KINDNESS OF A SAVIOR HE IS MIGHTY TO SAVE and believe me he has MOVED THE MOUNTAINS! I have a learned so much on this journey and drawing myself nearer to Him everyday. God has truely shown compassion on Justin and He wants to do the same for you, if you let Him! My Savior is kind, compassionate and full of forgiveness!!!! This adoption is exactly His heart and a picture of how He adopts us as His children in our weakness and distress.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I write this I am singing, "Savior, He can move the mountains, my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save with tears streaming down my face. Pam, I am so very happy for you. To God be the glory! I am praising God for what He has done in your family. Congratulations, Mama!!!! See you soon!!!!!!

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Congratulations!!! He is a precious boy!

Hannah Sivilay said...

this is so exciting! He is going to have a great testimony, Praise the Lord!

Lynette said...

We are so excited for you. We all have been watching your blog and cannot wait to meet this very blessed young man and the even "more" blessed parents.

Connie said...

He IS might to save--lost sinners and orphan children! You'll have lots of opportunities to tie in and point out Justin's life story (as a FORMER orphan) in light of the Gospel in the days, weeks, months, years to come!

Tami said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is a sweetie. Hang in there. I did the second half of the trip by myself as well. It was tough to be there without Shad, but also a great bonding opportunity. Enjoy!

Miller Family said...

Congrats! What a cute boy! We are so happy for you guys! Can't wait to meet Justin. We will be praying.

Lou said...

He's beautiful! Congratulations!

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.