About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Monday, November 24, 2008

How Do I Say Good-Bye?





How do I say good-bye? What about the ones left behind? How do you know who they are and not feel responsible to help? How do you tell them I know you want to be part of a family but I can't take you? As hard as it is to let go I know I have to. I will tell others about the wonderful kids I have met. In some ways for me it is like mourning a death. The pain of knowing where they are headed is almost unbearable.

One child is 8 years old with two little brothers. She has been through unthinkable pain and rejection. She has no idea she even has 2 brothers. All she knows is she is rejected again. The other is 15 and will age out of the system next October on her 16th birthday. She sings and plays the piano so sweetly. These are only two of the thousands of orphans who need families. I beg you to pray God will show you how he can use you and your family in the lives of orphans. They are real children who need real families to care for them. God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things! He isn't looking for perfect families or perfect parents. Our weakness is perfected in His strength.

6 comments:

Lynette said...

How precious to see these precious children through the Father's eyes! The pains and sorrows of this world are immense for certain, but know God is there in the midst of it all. I am excited to meet the newest Greer!

adopting2fromUkraine said...

That is the hardest part. I still think of all the children left behind in our daughter's orphanage. Leaving is filled with so many emotions. So happy to finally be able to take your child out and know you are going home, but at the same time, feeling sadness beyond words for the children left and their future.

June

Debora Hoffmann said...

Pam, this is hanting me already and I haven't even been to Ukraine yet. The Lord clearly wants Garth and me to minister to the kids, to advocate for them, to love them, to find Christian families for them. We don't know how our involvement will look, but we know God will show us.

Thank you for showing us these two precious girls. How far are you from Odessa? I don't think it's possible to adopt from two regions, but the 8-year-old is just pleading with me. :-) I'm sure you and your husband will be advocating for the kids when you get home!

Kari said...

Well stated, Pam. We feel so unqualified to adopt, but we trust God will give us what we need to do it. When 8 orphans came to CO this summer with Ukraine Orphan Outreach, I kept thinking if people would just come meet these kids, they would see how wonderful they are. There are tons of ways to help orphans, adopting is just one of them. Hope you and Justin can get home soon.

Jeri said...

I think Pam that you do what you just did. Post a picture of the precious children you met. Give their first name and last initial and hope that it makes a connection for someone.

Anonymous said...

Got your link from the Pretre's. I have always wondered how to verbalize what I was thinking when leaving kids we were fond of while adoping our own. Thank you so much.
--Joni Weber

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.