About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

We made it to Belgorod!  After a long eight hour train ride all night long, we got picked up by a driver.  He drove about an hour to get us here.  I am not sure which ride was more exciting, the train ride or the crazy driving.  Our drive drove over 120k an hour to get here. He passed very car on the road and scared both Kevin and me to death!  I had to close my eyes, luckily I was tired.  

We are staying at a missionary clinic here in Belgorod.  The place is very modest but clean.  Our friends the Clarks are staying here too.  It is nice to have other Americans to talk with and pray with.  We are going to try going to church tomorrow.  On Monday we see the lawyer and get permission to see "V" in the orphanage. We will inquire about another little girl that is available at that time.  If the answer is no, we will just get "V"  and believe this is the way God wants to leave things.

We cannot get internet access on our own computer here.  We are using the Clinic's computer.  Our broadband doesn't work and so we will try and buy a card later.  We will also look for an internet cafe.  I will post some pictures then.  I won't be able to get my e-mail until I can figure out how so keep the comments coming.  The comments make us feel like we are closer to everyone we know.  We miss calling you tonight Garrett and Morgan.  Daddy and I love you and miss you very much.  Morgan, we opened your little book you made for us and it made big tears in my eyes.  It was so sweet.  We will try again as soon as we can to call you.  

We went shopping at the open air stores today.  Very different is all I can say.  We bought chicken and vegetables for dinner.  It tasted really good.  We haven't seen any restaurants yet.  We  hear there is a McDonalds in Odessa (about an hour from here).  I never thought it would sound so good.  I thought I was going to become vegatarian lately.  Seeing the meat laying out like it does, makes my stomache do funny things!  The chicken we bought was in a refrigerated case.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and you did a great job cooking that chicken and veggies because it was a very tasty dinner! It is great having you guys here. Looking forward to the adventure and seeing God's hand move. Kim

adopting2fromUkraine said...

So glad you made it safely.

It doesn't hurt to ask about the other child as long as you're there.

June

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam! Thanks for the encouragement about the new rule. I have to say I was pretty concerned when I first heard about it. We'll continue moving ahead. I'll be in England until the 15th, so I'll go straight to Kiev and meet Melissa and Trevor there. I pray that God shows you just the right additions to your family. Say hi to Adeline. Jim

Theosebes said...

Hi you 2,
We are praying for you both and for the miracle of God giving you the perfect little girl, in His will and timing. Hang on to Him. Your other 2 are doing great. They have been doing their best with gentle and sometimes persistent encouragement to get all their things done, they have been well behaved.
They are with the Chavez' right now but Garrett was almost wishing to just stay home. I bet they'll have a good time.
Praying for you! the selbyclan

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.