About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Standing Firm

We just got the news a few minutes ago that our court date is still on for tomorrow. Our appointment is at 10:00am. Please keep this process in your prayers. Satan is doing his best right now to cause trouble. We have had severe spiritual warefare these past couple of days. We keep going back to Ephesians 6:10-13. Our Pastor spoke about this before we left. This is not a solo battle and we need you all along side us in prayer. We have reported to our Commander and are standing firm in His strength!

We will let you know how court goes tomorrow. If all goes well, Kevin will be heading out on Friday. I will be sad to see him go. :-( I feel more secure with my strong husband near me! Don't worry I will be fine, Kim Clark will still be with me. The Vanderburg family will be here next week too. It has been a huge blessing to have friends here with us to pray with, laugh with and watch movies with.

This all my material for now. So ta ta for now!

Ephesians 6:10-13 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm."

6 comments:

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Best wishes for court! We'll be praying. We certainly know about those spiritual battles. Whenever I felt like that, I knew that we needed to just press on because we were doing what was right.

June

John Patterson said...

My wife and I adopted two years ago from Ukraine. At our court hearing everyone showed up but the jurors. The Court Clerk went out into the street and recruited two men to serve as jurors.

Remember, Adoption is a fluid process with a goal at the end. My wife and I will pray that all will go well in your adoption hearing.

John Patterson
Bakersfield, Ca

Connie said...

Am most definitely praying, and am confident He will receive the glory in and through this!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you as I type. Justin, too, had to fly back and forth from Ukraine, so I know how it feels to be the lone soldier standing in a foreign land. The folks there at the clinic though will take great care of you. At least you can count on that!

How long have you been in Ukraine? It seems like your process has gone so quickly. I can't believe you haven't run into any corruption. Our agency told us before we ever signed with them that they refused to pay bribes, so perhaps we were only so aware of it because it was an obstacle to us. If we had it to do over again, I don't know if we wouldn't pay the bribes. It really did seem to hold things up for us.

I'll have to get my time zones straight again so I know what time it is here when it's 10 a.m. Thursday for you. Then I can be praying for you during your court date. I pray you have a kind judge and that all the paperwork is as it should be. Our court experience was a little intimidating, but we had a very kind judge in Kotovsk, so that made it better.

Can't wait to hear your news after the court hearing!
Wendi Z.

Heidi and Felix said...

Praying for a smooth and simple court date today! Let us know if we can help you in any way from Kiev! Looks like we'll be here or very close nearby for the duration.

Can you email us at felixroge@yahoo.com? What region are you in?

All the best,
Heidi and Felix

Anonymous said...

Continue to stand firm! God will provide in HIS time. Let us know how it goes. You seem so close now. Keep the faith!

Linda

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.