About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Meanwhile, Back in California...

I wish that I had as much exciting news as Pam to report but it's been pretty mellow since I have been home. We had a great Thanksgiving with Pam's parents and her three sisters and their families. Our friends who have been watching the kids left for their own celebration so we are just hanging around "the ranch".

I am fighting every temptation in my body to start putting up Christmas lights, which have gone up the day after Thanksgiving ever since I was born. I have promised Justin that we will not start our festivities until Pam and he come home. I did buy new LED Christmas lights to save energy and give the house a new look this year but they will stay in their boxes until all of my kids can help me put them up.

We also did a little shopping today for CDs and cases and labels to make our latest "Believe" Christmas CD. I am a Christmas carol junkie and love to spread Christmas cheer with our favorite music. I scour Itunes and the CD racks to find fresh arrangements and new songs to give to family and friends. We only do it every few years so that there is always enough good material.

It rained cats and dogs the night before Thanksgiving so I don't have to worry about doing any yard work this weekend. Garrett and Morgan and I have just been quietly enjoying each other's company in anticipation of Pam and Justin coming home, hopefully next week!

1 comment:

Mike and Gail said...

I would love to have that list. I have been checking around trying to find some great Christian Christmas music.
So if you don't mind, can you send me a list?
Blessings,
Gail

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.