About Me

My photo
Kevin and I have been married for 19 years. We have two heart grown children from the United States,adopted at birth, Garrett 16 and Morgan 14, one heart grown child from Ukraine in 2008, Justin age 13. We also have two dogs, Mattie and Halley, adopted from the local animal shelter. Adoption is close to our family's heart.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Market

Kevin and I have a competition going on to see who gets the most comments on their post. I want to win so please comment! I know I don't have ground breaking news on this post but I am homesick okay?!

We went to the outdoor market today with Justin. We found a nice black suit, shoes and a winter jacket. We will have to shop again for comfortable clothes. It was great to have him to ourselves today. He is such a sweet boy. I figured he might start asking for everything we walked by but did not ask for anything. We took him out to lunch and had greek salads and beet soup (I haven't any idea how to spell the name of it in Ukrainian). It was delious. Justin ate every bite without any complaint! He even poured the last drop into his spoon. He is so skinny, we need to put some meat on that boy. I can't wait to bake him some homemade cookies.

Tomorrow we will go to church. Our translator Luda's husband is a pastor at a Presbyterian Church here in town. She said she will help us to interpret. She is very helpful and nice. After church we will do our usual visit to the orphanage to see Justin.

Thanks for all of your prayers and comments, it helps us feel like you haven't forgotten us!

13 comments:

Elizabeth Rose said...

It's exciting to read your blog and follow your journey. We are praying for you.

Connie said...

Not to worry, I'm 'compelled' to comment!!! :-)

And also "not to worry" about putting some meat on your boy's bones--it is likely to happen quite easily and unexpectedly in our experience! Just be sure you keep LOTS of fresh fruit in your house--we couldn't (still can't) keep enough bananas around! :-)

ArtworkByRuth said...

Borscht? You will have to learn to make it at home. Z likes it when I make it and we add tons of "smetana" sour cream to it to help fatten him up! HUGS FROM HOME! We are having torrential rains and flooding here, heard some parts of the country have snow...we are still waiting for our travel dates, hopefully we will bump into you in Kyiv SOON!

Rochelle & Misty said...

Pam, you know you have my support!! It sounds like Justin is truly a prize! I can't wait for you to bring him home so we can all get acquainted with him. Give him a kiss and a hug from Grama, Pa Pa and Misty. Love you guys, take care..

Stephanee&Zach said...

So glad you found a church to go to. That was such a blessing to us and really lifted our spirits when we were feeling a bit overwhelmed with the pain of being with all the children in the orphanage. Even better that you will have some translation help!

Rochelle & Misty said...

You sound so happy and I am happy for you! I can't wait until you bring Justin home to all of us. We will see to it that he gains some weight for sure. I hope things go more smoothly for you now. Give each other a hug from us and stay safe...see you soon.
Love, Dad, Mom and Misty

Unknown said...

Pam, Have you seen V and M? I wonder how they are doing. Melissa said she would take something to them from us. I bet V is in that show. He is such a ham. Yesterday was fun at Magic Mountain. G and M had a good time. We didn't do much today. I made chicken bake with mushrooms--big no no. I won't make that mistake again.M says she loves you and misses you. G doesn't want to say anything because he says everyone reads the blog. We are praying for you. Enjoy the food!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been following you guys almost daily, congrats & kudo's. Hello Justin Frank(good one Cal), greetings from Uncle Tim. Love you all.

Laurel said...

We haven't forgotten you! We're checking your blog daily and praying!
Laurel

Kristen said...

Hey guys!

I thought Psalm 118:7 might encourage you!

"God is on our side as our helper!"

I hope this truth encourages you today!!

KonaDogBlog said...

Hi Pam!
Hope you get to see I, V and T too. Tell them we say hello and we love them. But I hope they don't ask when we are coming :(
I bet they are in the show too!
Jen (and Mike)

adopting2fromUkraine said...

It can get very lonely over there. Especially during waiting times.

It's great that you found a church to go to. We never found one in our region. There was a missionary that I had contact with, but he wasn't anywhere close and he didn't know of any churches close to us.

I love Greek salad! That was my very favorite thing to eat there besides Pelmini. mmmm!

June

Anonymous said...

Dear Kevin & Pam - We have been following your journey and I'm blown away by this blog stuff. What an amazing concept. You guys are so cool, what a blessing you are sharing. We are so happy for you.
Love to you all. Tom & Michaely

The Gift of Adoption

The Gift of Adoption

A very inspiring video! Please scroll to the bottom of our blog and turn off the music before you push play on the video. This way you will avoid having sound on both features.